Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cold


Cold, summery wind blowing through your face;
Feels as if the terrors of yesterday have drifted apart.
Nightmares have long gone and moved on
Leaves are free birds once more.
And birds fly like free leaves.
Everything is going back to what they used to be.
Everything is pulling through from the ruins of the past.
We wanted to be strong or at least enduring.
The clear way is starting to be foggy,
Street lights are blinking and uncanny.
Everything seems out of place.
Everything seems stern and antagonistic.
We wanted to live normally or at least I did.
You bury yourself with every memento mori there is,
And these memento mori seem less tolerant every day.
We both know it, it’s ending, it’s falling apart.
All we could do is to let it go and breathe two different airs.
All we could do is to shove the past out the crying window.
Death seems to be a better place as of the moment.
Death seems to be a little less painful and a little less dull.
We could run away, I know we could.
But it’s a choice you would never ever take.
I always admired you for being the person that you are.
You, on the other hand, always thought I needed assistance.
The day I became free, the day you became fed up of me,
The day you decided I should be on my own,
It’s the same, exact day I kissed the damn frailty goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment