Saturday, May 18, 2013

Could have been


My fingers slowly running through your hair
It’s soft; it’s a reminder of what we used to be
My ears bit by bit copulating with the sound of your voice
It’s painful; like what we used to be
My hands carefully reaching for yours
There are gaps; just like what we used to be
My eyes gently caressing the tiny blemishes on your cheeks
It’s romantic; just like what we used to be
My chest desperately feeling the warmth of your skin
It’s jagged; just like what we used to be
My feet gradually resisting the urge to come to you,
It’s anticipative; just like what we used to be
My lungs unknowingly breathing the air you breathe
It’s suffocating; just like what we used to be
These are mere memories I have of you
Memories that will say you weren’t just an illusion
Memories that will keep me warm each night
Memories that will remind me of what we could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment