Saturday, May 18, 2013

Waking up


Dancing, dancing and dancing the night away;
It was a night inundated by euphoria.
Looking around just makes you want to stay forever.
Maybe it was about the romance.
Something about it felt like everything is fine,
Something about it felt like we could have a chance.
But the world I see is starting to blur
Blurring like a phantasmagoria of memories
Blurring like I am not meant to be here
Blurring like it was only just a dream.
I opened my eyes and I see nothing
Nothing but the ceiling, a warm blanket and a handkerchief
I had been crying that’s for sure
Because this time, my eyes won’t fool me anymore.
I had been crying that’s for sure
The reason is partly uncertain, I partly deny
Because I am now awake.
Because now my heart is being corrupted
By last night’s fate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment