Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Castigation of Perfidy


It used to be the most magical evening,
The trees melted in the sprinkling dust of doubt,
The birds drowned in the bitter tears of parting,
The flowers withered in the breath of infidelity.

Memories of resentment are all what is left,
Happiness and love and buoyancy are washed up by betrayal.
And I fainted as the thought of your shivering embrace swathe my entirety.
I was helpless and all I could utter was goodbye.

Reality rushed in and rubbed me into my stupidity.
I was awaken by the hesitant sound of a familiar voice,
Calling out my name coated in the putrid aroma of falsehood,
Aimed to inoculate illusory images of fairy tales.

Love condemned my whole existence, my whole temperament.
I was cursed to stay nailed in the rotting shambles of make-believes.
What can I do when the emotion I used to play with wants payback?
What can I do when the plan to outsmart the gatekeeper backfired?

Life claimed its compensation for my treacherous ways,
Leaving me drenched in my own heart’s cold blood.
I rested my case after I was thrown into the chamber of fears,
Abandoned my feeble and vulnerable self in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment